If you’re like me, you’ve been scavenging around the internet for small but efficient ways to transition your home from the treacherous Winter we’ve had to a (hopefully) beautiful and pleasant Spring. I am relieved to tell you I found a great article from The Home Depot which rolls out some smart and easy tips and tricks for making the most out of your “Spring Cleaning” efforts. Check them out below.
1. Check caulking around all doors and windows. Improper caulking allows for moisture to get inside your walls and cause mold. This is also the perfect time to wash/clean all windows and replace torn or damaged screens as necessary. (The Home Depot)
2. Deep cleaning carpets is a spring-cleaning must. Consider purchasing a steam cleaner for your home – not only will it come in handy during twice-yearly major cleaning sessions, but it will also prove to be a lifesaver if you have pets or children in the home. (The Home Depot)
3. Check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs. For safety reasons, you may want to consider hiring a qualified professional to take care of any repair work that needs to be done. (The Home Depot)
4. Check for and repair cracks in driveway/sidewalk. Spring is the best time to seal cracks in the driveway or any other concrete. (The Home Depot) We repaired our driveway last Spring which was perfect timing considering what a wet and salty Winter it was.
5. Check garden hoses for dry rot and inspect hose faucets for possible freeze damage that may have occurred during the winter months. (The Home Depot) Unless you’ve kept your hose inside the garage or shed over the past few months, giving your hose a check before use will definitely be beneficial.
Connect with us on social media:
Via: Blue Matter